- Reduces radiant heat by up to 70%
- Lower under hood temperatures mean better mileage and improved emissions
- Available thicknesses of 0.25-inch thick to 3-inch thick
- Removable for maintenance
- Reduces engine room temperatures
- Made in the USA
EMD Exhaust Shields for 12, 16, and 20 cylinder 710 Part number 40071915. Standard or Insulated
THE FINEST THERMAL PROTECTION PRODUCTS FOR INDUSTRIAL, LOCOMOTIVE, MARINE USE
Industrial exhaust blankets that are manufactured to rigorous military and EMD, Alco, GE locomotive , using the highest quality materials and construction.
- Components meet military specifications MIL-24244 Type 11 and Coast Guard specifications for incombustible material #164.009
- Blankets are asbestos free and fire resistant
- Blankets are lightweight, reusable and easily installed
Standard Blankets are made with 1″ mat insulation, 32oz Silicone impregnated fiberglass cloth, stainless steel wire mesh and lacing anchors for easy installation. All of our blankets are sewn with Kevlar thread.
Many types of materials and attaching hardware are available for you specific needs.
- Silicone impregnated fiberglass cloth in weight from 17oz to 32oz, foil covered fiberglass cloth for that chrome look and black fire blanket to mention a few.
- We offer insulation mat in thickness from 1/2″ to 2″ or more depending on your needs.
- Optional hardware consists of spring and ring, snaps, buckles, “D” rings and custom Velcro applications and more.
Our Manufacturing Process:
Our material is first precision cut by an automated cutting machine. Our staff then prepares the components for assembly at the sewing table. Once complete, the hardware is installed and the parts are inspected, packaged and shipped.